On Friday evening, Sept. 16, 2016, 20,000 yellow rubber ducks were dropped from the Riverside Drive Bridge at RiverScape MetroPark. The proceeds from URS’ annual event benefit many unique programs for children and adults with disabilities locally including Early Childhood Education & School-Age Programs with on-site Nursing Services for medically-fragile children, on-site specialized therapy programs, and meaningful daycare programs for adults and seniors with developmental and acquired disabilities.
In 2017, the URS Rubber Duck Regatta will be held during the Hispanic Heritage Festival on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
Waddle on over to RiverScape MetroPark for the 13th Annual Rubber Duck Regatta! The event helps raise money for United Rehabilitation Services. Executive Director, Dennis Grant explains how the event helps improve the lives of so many families in the Miami Valley.
In 2012, local business owner of Fat Daddy’s Pump ‘N Go in Moraine, Vicky Lambert, adopted $500 worth of ducks to support the 9th Annual URS Rubber Duck Regatta. Vicky has a very special place in her heart for people with disabilities because her sister, Peggy, was born with Cerebral Palsy in 1957. One of Vicky’s ducks was indeed “lucky” and she ended up winning the 5th prize last year. When she picked up her prize and toured URS, she was amazed with the scope of services URS offers. With her sister’s passing 10 years ago and this being URS’ 10th Annual Regatta, she couldn’t think of a more fitting tribute to her beloved sister than to donate a car for this year’s event in her sister’s favorite color, red!
Thanks to Vicky’s huge heart for children and adults with disabilities, her business, Fat Daddy’s Pump ‘N Go in Moraine, is donating a 2013 Chevy Spark for the Grand Prize of this year’s Regatta. The URS Rubber Duck Regatta raises funds to support vital daycare programs, onsite nursing services, parent support groups, therapies, vocational training and respite care for local children and adults with disabilities!
Adopt your ducks today and a chance to win one of nine great prizes:
1) Grand Prize is a 2013 Chevy Spark, thanks to Fat Daddy’s Pump ‘N Go in Moraine
2) 6 bedroom houseboat on Norris Lake for 4-5 days with a 2-day ski boat rental, compliments of Norris Lake Houseboat Rentals
3) Vacation Package with 2 Southwest Tickets and $500 cash, from James Advantage Funds
4) $1000 Kroger Gift Card
5) $1000 Watson’s Gift Card
6) $500 Visa Gift Card, courtesy of VerCom Systems
7) $500 Gift Card to James Free Jewelers
8) Hot Head Burrito’s for a Year! (52 burritos)
9) Kindle Fire HD 8.9” compliments of Computer Creations
There are 4 easy ways to adopt your ducks today:
1) Visit www.daytonducks.com
2) Call 937-235-DUCK (3825)
3) Dayton area Kroger registers
4) Jersey Mikes Subs or 2nd & Charles
5) Adoption forms are also available at United Dairy Farmers (UDF) Locations, Miamisburg Merchants and Joli Boutique
The 10th Annual Rubber Duck Regatta will take place at Riverscape on Saturday, September 21, during The Taste of Miami Valley. At least 15,000 rubber ducks will be dropped by crane for a race to the finish. The festivities start at 3:45 pm with a Kid’s Quacky Parade and the Big Drop at 4:30 pm.